Shortcuts
Please wait while page loads.

Woollahra Libraries Catalogue

PageMenu- Main Menu-
Page content

Catalogue Display

Notable citizens of Sydney

Notable citizens of Sydney
Item Information
Shelf Location Collection Volume Ref. Branch Status Due Date Res.
LH CD 920 NOT
Local History   Double Bay . Available .    
. Catalogue Record 584551 ItemInfo Beginning of record . Catalogue Record 584551 ItemInfo Top of page .
Catalogue Information
Field name Details
ISBN 1921081724
Title Notable citizens of Sydney [electronic resource]
Publisher/Date Archive CD Books Australia,
Pagination etc. 1 CD-ROM : ports ; 4 3/4 in.
Contents note Title from disc.
Includes index.
Subject Sydney (N.S.W.) -- Biography
New South Wales -- Biography
Catalogue Information 584551 Beginning of record . Catalogue Information 584551 Top of page .
Customers Who Searched for this Item also Searched for:
# Author Title
1 . Local History Research File 1 . 560 New South Head Road Double Bay "Fairwater" was built in 1881-2 for Francis John Joseph and home of Fairfax family from 1910. 1
2 . Local History Research File 2 . "Elaine" at 550 New South Head Road Double Bay was built in 1863 for Mr William Francis Norie and in 1891 acquired by Mr Geoffrey Fairfax. It remained with members of the Fairfax family until 1995. 2
3 . Local History Research File 3 . "Swifts" of 68 Darling Point Road was built around an existing house of the same name for the brewer Robert Lucas Tooth. It was designed by G.A. Morell. It was named after house of "Swifts Park" in Kent, England from where Tooth's father had come. It was later acquired by another brewer, Edmund Resch, who bequeathed it to the Catholic Church in 1963 as a home for the Sydney Archbishop. 3
4 . Local History Research File 4 . "Cadaxton" and "Lowlands" Nos. 47 and 41 William Street Double Bay. Demolished and site of old Woollahra Council Depot. 4
5 . Local History Research File 5 . Edgecliff Album containing coloured photographs dated June 1966 of the area prior to its redevelopment in the 1970's. 5
6 . Local History Research File 6 . "Brixham Terrace" at 77-81 Ocean Avenue, Double Bay, was built in about 1887. 6
7 . Local History Research File 7 . "Gladswood House" in Gladswood Gardens was built in 1856 for Samuel Dean Gordon MLC, when he called the house "Seaford". It was also known as "Glenyarrah". For a time during the 1980s and early 1990s it was owned by Alan Bond. 7
8 . Local History Research File 8 . 9 Glenmore Road Paddington, "Rose and Crown Hotel, built c. 1888. 8
.