Shortcuts
Please wait while page loads.

Woollahra Libraries Catalogue

PageMenu- Main Menu-
Page content

Catalogue Display

Edgecliff Album containing coloured photographs dated June 1966 of the area prior to its redevelopment in the 1970's.

Item Information
Shelf Location Collection Volume Ref. Branch Status Due Date Res.
PF004610
Local History   Double Bay . Not for Loan .    
. Catalogue Record 566146 ItemInfo Beginning of record . Catalogue Record 566146 ItemInfo Top of page .
Catalogue Information
Field name Details
Corporate Author Local History Research File
Title Edgecliff Album containing coloured photographs dated June 1966 of the area prior to its redevelopment in the 1970's. [Picture]
Publisher/Date 1966.
Pagination etc. 23 photographs: col; 8.75 x 8.75
Location of original PF004610
Copyright Copyright : Woollahra Library
History Much of this area was extensively redeveloped during the 1970's with the construction of the Edgecliff Centre and the Edgecliff Interchange.
Provenence This album was compiled by the donor's father who worked at Jarman's wine and spirits shop, New South Head Road, Edgecliff, in the late 1950's early 1960's. The photographs are captioned with clippings from a newspaper article "A world dies" by Heinz A. Bernhard, Hall St., Bondi Beach and several have 'Jun.66' printed in their margins
Subject -- Photographs
-- Photographs.
Catalogue Information 566146 Beginning of record . Catalogue Information 566146 Top of page .
Customers Who Searched for this Item also Searched for:
# Author Title
1 . Local History Research File 1 . 560 New South Head Road Double Bay "Fairwater" was built in 1881-2 for Francis John Joseph and home of Fairfax family from 1910. 1
2 . Local History Research File 2 . "Elaine" at 550 New South Head Road Double Bay was built in 1863 for Mr William Francis Norie and in 1891 acquired by Mr Geoffrey Fairfax. It remained with members of the Fairfax family until 1995. 2
3 . Local History Research File 3 . "Swifts" of 68 Darling Point Road was built around an existing house of the same name for the brewer Robert Lucas Tooth. It was designed by G.A. Morell. It was named after house of "Swifts Park" in Kent, England from where Tooth's father had come. It was later acquired by another brewer, Edmund Resch, who bequeathed it to the Catholic Church in 1963 as a home for the Sydney Archbishop. 3
4 . Local History Research File 4 . "Cadaxton" and "Lowlands" Nos. 47 and 41 William Street Double Bay. Demolished and site of old Woollahra Council Depot. 4
5 . Local History Research File 5 . Edgecliff Album containing coloured photographs dated June 1966 of the area prior to its redevelopment in the 1970's. 5
6 . Local History Research File 6 . "Brixham Terrace" at 77-81 Ocean Avenue, Double Bay, was built in about 1887. 6
7 . Local History Research File 7 . "Gladswood House" in Gladswood Gardens was built in 1856 for Samuel Dean Gordon MLC, when he called the house "Seaford". It was also known as "Glenyarrah". For a time during the 1980s and early 1990s it was owned by Alan Bond. 7
8 . Local History Research File 8 . 9 Glenmore Road Paddington, "Rose and Crown Hotel, built c. 1888. 8
.