Shortcuts
Please wait while page loads.

Woollahra Libraries Catalogue

PageMenu- Main Menu-
Page content

Catalogue Display

Register personal notices. edited by Reg Butler & Alan Phillips. Volume 1, 1836 to 1859 /

Register personal notices. edited by Reg Butler & Alan Phillips. Volume 1, 1836 to 1859 /
Item Information
Shelf Location Collection Volume Ref. Branch Status Due Date Res.
LH 929.39423 REG
Local History   Double Bay . Not for Loan .    
. Catalogue Record 45898 ItemInfo Beginning of record . Catalogue Record 45898 ItemInfo Top of page .
Catalogue Information
Field name Details
ISBN 0947284125 (vol. 1)
Title Register personal notices. Volume 1, 1836 to 1859 / edited by Reg Butler & Alan Phillips.
Publisher/Date Gumeracha : Gould Books, c1989.
Pagination etc. 448 p. ; 23 cm.
Contents note "This series covers all birth, marriage, death and other personal notices appearing in the Register from its commencement in 1836." -- Introd.
Includes indexes.
Subject Personals -- South Australia
Newspapers -- Sections, columns, etc
Death notices -- South Australia
Marriage records -- South Australia
Registers of births, etc. -- South Australia
Newspaper publishing -- South Australia
Added Author Phillips, Alan, 1946-
Butler, Reg, 1941-
Added title South Australian register.
Shelf Location LH 929.39423/REG
Catalogue Information 45898 Beginning of record . Catalogue Information 45898 Top of page .
Customers Who Searched for this Item also Searched for:
# Author Title
1 . Local History Research File 1 . 560 New South Head Road Double Bay "Fairwater" was built in 1881-2 for Francis John Joseph and home of Fairfax family from 1910. 1
2 . Local History Research File 2 . "Elaine" at 550 New South Head Road Double Bay was built in 1863 for Mr William Francis Norie and in 1891 acquired by Mr Geoffrey Fairfax. It remained with members of the Fairfax family until 1995. 2
3 . Local History Research File 3 . "Swifts" of 68 Darling Point Road was built around an existing house of the same name for the brewer Robert Lucas Tooth. It was designed by G.A. Morell. It was named after house of "Swifts Park" in Kent, England from where Tooth's father had come. It was later acquired by another brewer, Edmund Resch, who bequeathed it to the Catholic Church in 1963 as a home for the Sydney Archbishop. 3
4 . Local History Research File 4 . "Cadaxton" and "Lowlands" Nos. 47 and 41 William Street Double Bay. Demolished and site of old Woollahra Council Depot. 4
5 . Local History Research File 5 . Edgecliff Album containing coloured photographs dated June 1966 of the area prior to its redevelopment in the 1970's. 5
6 . Local History Research File 6 . "Brixham Terrace" at 77-81 Ocean Avenue, Double Bay, was built in about 1887. 6
7 . Local History Research File 7 . "Gladswood House" in Gladswood Gardens was built in 1856 for Samuel Dean Gordon MLC, when he called the house "Seaford". It was also known as "Glenyarrah". For a time during the 1980s and early 1990s it was owned by Alan Bond. 7
8 . Local History Research File 8 . 9 Glenmore Road Paddington, "Rose and Crown Hotel, built c. 1888. 8
.